Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Punk'd


I am a camp director by profession. One of my primary responsibilities at this time of year is to book retreats. This means that retreat inquiries come through me. Groups, usually Christian, call and are interested in holding their retreat at the good ol' COH. I'm new, but I've been told that sometimes we get some strange calls. Well, today I received my first strange call. Here is the condensed version of the call:


Caller: Hi, my name is John and I'm from a Unitarian church in Morrisville and I'm interested in having a retreat in January.


Me: OK, about how many people will you have?


John: 45-60. Do you have accommodations for couples?


Me: No, sorry. We have cabin-style housing with bunk beds.


John: Is there a policy against couples sleeping together in cabins?


Me: Yes. We separate men and women.


John: Oh, OK.


[I tell him more about camp and what we offer, he interupts:]


John: Well, I guess there's one other thing. See, we're a Unitarian church, and we're having a couples retreat. 10-12 couples will be gay or lesbian. Is that a problem?


Me: [caught off guard] Uh, um. Well. I tell ya what, let me get back to you after I talk to my boss.


John: OK, sounds great. Thanks.


[end of call]


I proceed to tell everyone in the office about my strange call. I don't know what to do.


Long story short: My good friend HUFF in Indiana was playin' a prank on me. But the whole office was in on it and they thought it was hilarious.


I must admit, I got punk'd.


0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP